The European Clubs Association held an important meeting to discuss various important topics and policy decisions in preparation for an important month in European football.
The executive committee discussed a set of policy decisions that will contribute to shaping the image of European football soon, including:
The new rules for Financial Fair Play are being drafted by and in cooperation with UEFA.
- Financial support and emergency funding for European clubs to help them recover from the effects of the covid-19 pandemic.
- The new commercial strategy, the agency has its principal marketing for European club matches.
- The new formula for the Champions League after the year 2024-the upcoming expanded formula.
- International calendar of matches – after the European Clubs Association stood firm on its opposition to the biennial FIFA World Cup, FIFA appears to be dropping it from its agenda.
- Strong relations between the European Clubs Association and UEFA.
Today, the European Clubs Association has become one of the most influential bodies in world football, after fighting the Super League project last April, and the project fell 3 days after its introduction thanks to the fierce opposition received by Mr. Nasser Ghanem Al-Khulaifi, president of Paris Saint-Germain, and Mr. Aleksander Ceferin, president of UEFA.
The Association of European clubs is scheduled to hold its annual general meeting on March 28 and 29 in Vienna, Austria, where all the presidents of top–tier European football clubs will meet together to hear Mr. Nasser Ghanem Al-Khulaifi, chairman of the association, as the world awaits the Qatar 2022 World Cup in November.