Cesc Fabregas has joined Como and will play in Serie B.
Cesc Fabregas, a Spanish midfielder who won the World Cup in 2010, will play for Como in Italy’s second division next season, Serie B said on its official website on Monday.
The transfer of the 35-year-old from Ligue 1 side Monaco, where he was out of contract, has yet to be declared by the club, but his name appears in the area of Serie B’s list of new certified contracts.
Fabregas, who has previously played for Arsenal, Barcelona, and Chelsea, had a disappointing season last year, failing to make the first team for Monaco after September.
“Individually, it’s definitely going to end horribly. “Every professional wants to perform and feel important,” the Spaniard told AFP in May, claiming to have had the “worst” experience of his life “season of his illustrious career
“I’m still interested in playing. I don’t want to end this way. This is an unfortunate way to close the year. “I want to have fun and leave with positive sentiments,” he stated, adding that he wants to join a club where he “will perform and where people believe in me.” “.
Como, which is owned by former Chelsea and England midfielder Dennis Wise, has reportedly offered Fabregas a two-year contract.
Last season, the team, founded in 1907, finished 13th in Serie B. Como kicks up their season in the Italian Cup against Serie A side Spezia on Saturday.